The Interaction and Communication Academy Trust (ICAT) is presently a small Trust of special schools across Yorkshire.
By developing a Multi Academy Trust we will be able to share our ideas, strengths and expertise to provide the best possible learning opportunities for all our pupils. We can extend our networks for all our children and families and collectively offer a wide range of opportunities.
Our aims are to:
• provide an atmosphere where all young people achieve to their full potential
• respect, trust and value ourselves and each other
• aim for our personal best and share in our successes
• hear every voice
• see change as a chance to grow
• make learning fun
• promote a climate of high expectation in which the achievements and successes are celebrated
• ensure pupils have a voice in all aspects of school life
• prepare our pupils for adulthood in order for them to become caring, confident and responsible citizens in the community
The ICAT specialises in meeting the educational needs of children and young people aged 3-19 with a range of learning difficulties. We are a family of schools who are led by our Trust Members and Board of Directors, to blend the best educational and therapeutic practice. Our team approach ensures we work closely with families, carers and a wide multi-professional team to identify and meet all the needs of our young people.
We hope that the information you find on our website proves to inform you about the work which we carry out in our region so that our pupils and those in other special and mainstream schools access the best education and received the best support they can.